Pages

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Day One, Challenge Three

1: Name two of the most significant people in your life and explain why.
The two most significant people in my life, who I guess are there for me the most, and help me the most, and have the biggest impact, would be Johnny and my mom.
I'd say Johnny is one of them, because he's the only person who I'm actually close to and can talk to about my problems and share my secrets with. I get along better with him than with anyone else, and he's the only person who can make me happy even when I'm really upset. He has had a big impact on my life because before I met him, I was a different person, like I had been meaner before I knew him, and he's one of the reasons I've become nicer, and he's just taught or helped teach me of other ways to think, and he's made me see things differently, and think about some things differently. I had really low self confidence before, and I thought I was a slut and hated myself a lot, and all of that isn't as bad now. I no longer think I'm a slut, I don't completely hate myself, and I'm nto as self conscious. If Johnny and I werent so close, I'd have no one to talk to, and I'd be so bottled up, that it would have had such a negative affect on me by now. He's the most positive person I have in my life, both as a person, and a person who's helping me.
I'd say my mom is the other becuase, well, she's my mom. She was always my favourite parent, pretty much my only parent now because I hardly see my father. When I was younger, I always had to be around my mother, even when she was using the washroom. And, after the divorce, I had to live with my father more, and I hated that. I wanted to live with my mother and always said that when I turned 13 I was moving in my with my mother, and when I was 13 or 14, I did move in with her. I still went to see my father, but the visits became less and less. My mother was always nicer and had a better way of raising children. My father didnt seem to care much, and my mother was teaching me to read far above my grade level, even before I was in school because she wanted to. And, she's just been over all the better parent, and she's been supporting me for all 16 years of my life. Buying me food, clothes, giving me shelter, etc. Even though we aren't all that close, she's still played a significant role in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment