Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

dfgbdfjhgf

Johnny's hamster died.
I didn't know why, so I checked online. Apparently hamsters normally live 2 - 3 years. The hamster was 2 and a half.
I had noticed she hadn't been moving all day, which is normal for her, because she's been really lazy recently. I don't know anything about hamsters, so I didn't know why. I also didn't even know their life span.
About 30 minutes ago, I thought about how she hadn't moved all day, so I went to check to see if she was alive. Before I even touched her, I could feel the coldness radiating off of her. But I still touched her, just to be sure. I didn't want her to be dead. Especially since she was in my care, and I have to tell Johnny about it in an hour when he comes on Facebook to talk. I'm going to ask him if I can call, so I can at least say it with my voice, rather than type it.
I put her in a little box, with a bunch of shavings. If I had cotton balls, I'd give her those too, because she loved cotton balls. I might get some tomorrow if I can. I want to make her a warm little bed to be buried in.
When I picked her up to be placed in the box, I checked to see how she looked. She was already stiff. Luckily, she looked exactly like she was asleep, so there's a good possibilty she passed away while sleeping and didn't suffer or anything.
She was originally Johnny's brothers hamster, and he never took care of her. There were times when we'd play with her, and she wouldn't even have food or water, so we'd give her those. We cleaned out her cage. We played with her. We picked her up. And we cared. He did none of those. And we've only been doing this the last few months, so at least the last few months of her life, she had people how cared about her.
I feel like most people wouldn't get upset over a hamster dying. Because, it's "just" a hamster, it wasn't mine, and I only knew her for a few months. But I still cared about her and liked her a lot. I wish I had known her longer.
Hopefully tomorrow Johnny and I can bury her.

No comments:

Post a Comment